So, I´m here in Neuquen! I said goodbye to everyone in Trelew. my investigator, Deborah, cried a lot and she wrote me a really beautiful letter and gave me her hair clip to remember her ( and i´m actually wearing it right now!) she´s so cute! I just want her to get baptized. unfortunately she has to get married first, or separated:( but i know she´s going to get baptized soon!
anyway, so fun story, I was feeling pretty good, I didn´t even cry in the bus when i left. 12 hours later (oh ps, i hate long bus rides!) i arrived, slightly tired, in the terminal and started talking to my new comp, Hna Murdock. We were waited for the taxi to get there and I asked her how long she had been in Neuquen. And she said, no... yesterday. and of course we were speaking in spanish and i thought maybe she just hadn´t understood me, so i asked her in English, ¨no, How long have you been here in Neuquen?¨ and she said, ¨yeah, I understood you. I got here yesterday¨
umm.... WHAT?! yes, that´s right. we´re whitewashing the area... and nobody told me!!!! I almost died of a heart attack! how are they going to forget to tell me something as important as that?! so yeah, haha I just laughed and was like, ok this will be fun. and we went to the pension. then, i soon realized that the missionaries before us left nothing behind as far as teaching records go, so we basically are just starting over from scratch... even more fun. haha but seriously, I´m lovin it. it´s definitely an adventure. the first few days, we just went out and knocked doors all day long! we also didn´t have lunch and the other hnas left us without minutes in the cellphone, so we went to a public phone and just started calling random families in the ward. we got ahold of hna Monzon who said she could give us lunch the next day, and when we went to her house, we told her that we didn´t have lunch that week, and she called eveyone until she found someone to feed us for every day! so, God is definitely helping us:) even in the small things.
Our ward mission leader seems really great, although he thinks we´re stupid because we got lost on our way to the church, but it wasn´t our fault, we just had the map upside down... i probably shouldn´t admit that to you guys, and i shouldn´t have told him either, because then afterward, he told us which way was north and which was south like 12 times, and then made us repeat it to make sure we understood... GRRR!!! we´re not blonde! haha it´s ok though..
Anyway, just wantyou all to know that i´m doing great! Thanks for everything!!!
Love,
Hermana Jones

No comments:
Post a Comment