Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My 1st Week in Trelew!!!

Hey Fambly!
well, this has been probably the longest week in the history of the world! but the first week of transfers is always like that. But I´m sure you want to know about my new area, my comp, and all that.... or maybe you don´t but I´m going to tell you anyway:) you know how I am, even when my stories are lame, I have to tell them!
so, my comp is awesome! Her name is Hna Varela and she´s from Cordoba. She´s really great! she´s a hard worker and super nice. and to think, i was worried. I´ve also come to realize that, whoa, I can communicate! haha I can even joke in Spanish! how great is that?! and I have to speak Spanish ALL THE TIME now. strangely, it´s really ok. I haven´t really missed speaking English too much. This area is definitely different that Villa Regina, but it´s good and I know we´re seriously going to see miracles here! there´s one investigato rwe have that I´m super excited about ( well, they´re all really awesome, but... ya know what I mean)His name is Lorenzo and he´s going to be baptized! we put a Baptismal date with him and he accepted just like that. He came to church on Sunday too! but i have to tell about when we challenged him to baptism cuz it was really great. it went like this...
us: so lorenzo, are you willing to follow Jesus Christ and be baptized?
him: yeah, but do i have to be baptized with lots of people around?
us: no, you can invite as many people as you want.
him: ok, good. cuz I would just feel kind of awkward being naked in front of all those people.
us: hahahahhahaha no, darling, you will be wearing clothes ( well, we didn´t say darling. i don´t even know how in Castellano:) but we explained everything to him and it was ok)
but he´s really great. he´s 21... ? and just super awesome! I´m so excited for him!!!
but that´s all fo now!
Love, Hna Jones
PS it´s cold here:)

No comments:

Post a Comment