HI! So I really did finally send the Christmas package today, but don´t get too excited, it´s not all that great... There is really only one present but i hope you like it. Also, I discovered today that if i send the package certified it only costs me 40 pesos!!! Sweet eh? that´s only like $12. so yeah, That was exciting. Oh, and yes, I got my package today:) I´m going to try to not open anything til Christmas.
To answer your question, Franco´s mom is Evangelica, but i don´t know why she hates us. She doesn´t even go to the same church as franco anyway! but they are both Evangelica churches so i think that as long as he weren´t leaving the evangelicos, she would be fine with him changing churches.... I don´t know really....
but this week has been a pretty great one! Wewent to teach our investigator, Gabriela, who has a baptismal date, but we haven´t been able to see her for a while cuz she´s just never there, and we found her at home. so we asked her if she had read the book of mormon and she said, ¨no, i started to read it but i got bored. it just doesnt really call my attention¨ and then she was saying how she wasn´t really interested and stuf like that, and i don´t know how it happened, i don´t even remember what we said, but she all of a sudden was like, ¨ I started listening because i could see that you have something different. that´s why i let the other missionaries in to. because of the light i could see in them. You´re just always happy and smiling, and that´s just something you don´t see very much in people, that they´re just truly happy.¨ So we asked her if she wanted to have that, and of course she said yes!
We explained to her that she had to do 3 things, read pray and go to church, and she said, ¨I can read and pray but i´m not going to church. I don´t like churches.¨
so we started talking a little about that, and all of a sudden (miracle part 2), Her super catholic mom, who was only half-listening while she was cooking, piped up, ¨well, i´d like to go! i´ve never been to a Mormon church before! I´d like to see how it is¨
HOLY COW!!!! and she walks with a limp, so she said, we´ll have to leave early because it´s gonna take me a while to walk there. It took us about 40 minutes to walk to the church, but she did it!!!! and they really liked it too=)
I love miracles!!!
also, This Christmas day, we´re going to call between 6 and 7 Argentine time, so that´s... 3 or 4 your time i think...? anyway, we have calling cards so i´m going to just call you guys.
oh, and could you invite JD and Kennedy, i don't know if she´ll be able to but if she can...
and... yep, that´s all!!!
I love you bunches!
Love,
Hna Jones

No comments:
Post a Comment