Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Hola from Argentina!

 So, I´m sending this to your email because I seriously NEVER remember dad´s and he didn´t email this week so i can´t just reply...


 Anyway, HOLA from ARGENTINA!!! 
 Haha things are going good! i survived the trip here and Brogan, my companion, shockingly enough, is neither large nor like Hitler! YAY!!! turns out He does answer prayers, like I didn´t already know that:) so I´m glad you prayed for me. My comp is Hna Morrill and she´s lovely. She´s 5´10"... brown hair, from Logan... what else. I´ll try to upload a pic. if not, next week for sure! 
 oh, so Argentina is warm... and Buenos Aires was SO humid, like taking a bath, outside, in my clothes... uncomfortable. but here it´s good! i´m in VillaRegina and i´m pretty sure there are 3 million dogs in this city alone! they´re everywhere! and it´s hard to find cats... probably because they´ve all been eaten by now by the millions of mangy dog-like creatures! 
 people keep telling me I don´t look like a N American... whatever that looks like. I´ve gotten Spain, Argentina, and one guy said I looked like a Jehovah Witness... I wonder if he knows that´s not a nationality... :) 
 I haven´t decided if it´s good or bad that they think i´m hispanic because on the one hand, i fit in alright, but on the other, they expect me to speak spanish, which i absolutely DO NOT!!! haha this i have realized since arriving. they all turn to Hna Morrill and ask her if i understand, which is probably the only phrase i do understand, just because I've heard it so much now:) but it´s all good! i´m learning a little more every day. we've taught 4 lessons. one girl named Tania i was excited about teaching again but she hadn´t read when we went back:( and she´s moving to another city for school so we couldn´t teach her again anyway... but i´m sure she´ll see the light later in her life and be baptized! :) 
 HAHAHA 
 I gots to go! 
 Love you all MUCHO!!! you´re in my prayers, and thanks again for yours. sorry I couldn´t answer every email individually but i´ll try to do better next week! 
 Love, Hna Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment