Thursday, January 14, 2010

A letter from Cami

I got a letter from Cami and I liked the story she had to share with me. So I thought I would share it with all of you.




From Cami:
So I want to tell you something awesome from this week!
I always pray for my companion in whatever she needs but its kind of just in general... you know? But the other night while I was praying, Hna Georgeson left the room for a really long time and when I finished my prayer she still wasn't back so I was worried & went to find her. The door to one of the empty rooms was closed & the light was on, so I knew she was in there, praying (cuz she couldn't pray aloud w/me in the room, obviously) so I went back to my room and I got down on myknees again and prayed just for her. I didn't know what was wrong but I prayed that God would comfort her and that if I could help, I would know how to do that. and then I went to bed.
The next day I could tell something was wrong & so I asked her in the morning what it was and she said she didn't want to talk about it then. So I said okay and gave her space. We had personal study time & I prayed for her when I started my study. My study was good. I had a question in mind & for the first half I found some things that really answered it and got me thinking but the last half, it was good what i was studying in the Book of Mormon and I felt like the spirit had prompted me to read it, but it really did not apply to my problem! I kept writing things downthat I thought of though.....
Anyway,after class, we had time for companion study. I asked Hna Georgeson what was wrong again and she said, "ok, I'll tell you" and she told me that she just didn't feel like she contributed anything to our companionship or district and that she didn't feel like anyone loved her. and she said something like,"I know I have worth & whatever and I'm not looking for pity. I just have been trying to fight this feeling for a while now and get out whatever this isbut I can't seem to!" So I gave her a hug and told her I love her. and it just broke my heart because I really do love her & I can't believe she would ever think that I don't! or think any of the things that she thought!
So we talked for a little bit and I don't' remember exactly what I said to her, but we always share our personal study at the beginning of comp. study so I opened my study journal to do that and as I looked at what I got out of that last half of my study, It was for Hna Georgeson. So I hurried & opened my scriptures to the chapter, which was Helaman 5. in vs 40 it says something to the effect of  "what shall we do that this darkness shall be removed?" because they are stuck and the answer is to cry to God, so they do! until eventually the darkness subsidesand they can see that they are surrounded by fire and angels minister & talk to them! And I just thought that light and fire was probably surrounding them the whole time but they just couldn't see it through the darkness. Just as God is always with us but sometimes we just can't see Him through whatever it is that is our "darkness" at the time. And I was crying and so was she.
Anyway, it was just so cool because I didn't know why I was studying those things at the time and I didn't even get all that out of it the first time but it was the spirit guiding me. God answered my prayer and worked through me to help her and I'll get to do that all the time in the mission filed!!! How cool is that?!

1 comment: